Monday 18 October 2021

A friend for Misty

Here's an adorable little parcel I had this week!


She was an Ebay purchase, second hand but in practically mint condition. Originally released in a boxed set of three, I'd always liked this particular pony but wasn't keen on the moulds for the other two, so I never bought the family when they were sold new (2006-2008)


This mould was famously sculpted as Misty of Chincoteague, and I thought she'd make a really good friend for my own copy of Misty, so I left my bid, but had to go to work and hope for the best - unlike most people these days, I don't have a phone, and I work outdoors so there's no internet access - I just had to wait til I got home at the end of the day to find out if I'd won the bidding or not.


I've named her Rainbow, as the real Chincoteague ponies are often given quite simple and cute-sounding names (my Misty is called Bumblebee, and her foal is Bee's Knees!)


Her markings are nice on both sides, I'm pretty sure they weren't made as portraits of any real ponies, just a chance to use the older moulds for a new release that wasn't Misty for a change!

And here she is meeting her new friend, who she'll be standing with on my shelf...



No comments:

Post a Comment