Friday 31 December 2021

Painted in 2021

In 2019 I first posted a recap of every custom I'd painted during the year, and enjoyed looking back on them so much that I did the same in 2020. Now it's time for 2021's round-up - here's all my customs from the last twelve months. 


Astonishingly, without even realising til I came to write this sentence and counted them, I've completed even more than last year - 72! 

Among them, there's 48 solid colours, 15 pinto, 9 spotted.
Bay is my single commonest colour to paint. I've done some dilutes for the first time here - classic champagne and gold champagne, plus a pearl Andalusian. There's more variation through appaloosa patterns, as I tried my first snowflake and snowcap this year. Pintos are, as usual, mostly tobiano, but with an overo and a couple of manchado criollos to vary it.

13 of the customs are portraits; one pony I own, two cobs I knew personally, five famous sporting horses (an eventer, a showjumper, a western reining horse, three racehorses), one character from a fictional book, and one quagga from London Zoo.

Five of these are Breyer Stablemate moulds I'd never painted before, it was exciting to get my hands on them and decide which colours to go for. I also tackled my first Mojo Fun custom, as well as four Magpie Models, plenty of CollectAs at standard and mini scale, one more WIA Gustav, a Peter Stone Pebbles, three artist resins, and two Breyer commercial resins.

Again, another year I'm pleased to look back on - nice variety of moulds, a wide spread of breeds and colours, some very much-loved customs which are as good as anything I've ever done. Which do you like best?

2 comments:

  1. Hey George! It's been ages but just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed reading your blog lately and seeing all your photos :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I'm really glad anyone's reading it, I tend to think I'm writing these for my own records but it's lovely to see friends are enjoying keeping up with my collection, as well!
      Happy new year to you, too!

      Delete