Tuesday 31 December 2019

Painted in 2019

Here's a neatly arranged look back at all the customs I painted during 2019...


There's thirty two in total, 18 solid colours and 14 pintos. Two are racehorse portraits, all the rest made up colour and marking combinations.
Five bays, two chestnuts, a dun, a buckskin, a palomino and a baby brown. 
Two mulberry greys, three dark dappled greys, one pure white grey, one fleabitten with dapples and a dark face. 
Seven bay skewbalds of varying shades, one buckskin tobiano, one dun overo, one piebald, one chestnut skewbald with not a lot of colour on, one pinto foal, one smoky black minimal tobiano, and a pintaloosa. 

I think the summary of this year should be that I really like painting pintos, but have tried fairly successfully to dip into some colours I haven't tried before, and also improved on the ones I have done but never quite so nicely as they turned out this time. 
I've also very much enjoyed getting my hands on more recent moulds I'd never painted before, especially the Icelandic, Django and Mini Alborozo. 
My aim for next year is some different pattern appaloosas, more varied bays and duns, and hopefully more new moulds.

I'd love to know which you like best? I'd struggle to pick just one favourite, but a good nine or ten of these are up there among my favourites from all the customs I ever did, and that must mean it's been a good year for my painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment