Monday 14 December 2020

A Harecroft Hare

Something small and very different today, rather than a model horse custom, this time I've been painting a hare!
This little chap came into my collection a long time ago, but only joined it properly today - he was a duplicate OF and at the time I'd chosen the one with the best paintwork to keep, and popped this spare safely into a box of fabric scraps and crafty materials, to repaint at some point. As things in any creative-hobby household always go, the box of useful bits got moved multiple times over the years, and I lost track of the fact I even had a spare hare. 
I happened to find him at the weekend, so decided to give him his long overdue paintjob.


And here he is! He's a Brown Hare, the kind we have where I live, but because they're so pretty, with details and shading in their coat, they're anything but plain. I've had some wonderful encounters with wild hares, and really enjoyed bringing this one to life in full colour, especially those vivid eyes like amber glass.


The mould is made by Safari, some model hares look a bit gawky or scary but this one's a nice little sculpt, and I like his action pose - so many views of hares are when they've already spotted you and gone long-legged-loping away across the field.


Here's his OF counterpart, a much brighter colour but they've got the pale rings around the eyes spot-on!


And the pair of hares together. Really I ought to get a third at some point to see if I could set up a 3D version of the ancient 'three hares' symbol with interconnecting ears, which I adopted as my Harecroft Farm logo long ago. I've got the sitting Schleich one as well, but being in a different pose he can't really be a part of that trio arrangement!

No comments:

Post a Comment