Friday 20 March 2020

Copperfox Cob Number 6

A very handsome arrival to introduce this time, it's another welsh cob for the herd!


He's absolutely lovely, with soft dappling applied well, and not too evenly all over - the dapples fade in and out over various parts of his body, gently blending into a well-shaded base coat, with his face palest and legs darkest, just like so many real horses in the greying process. He's very different to the paler dappled grey, Percival, so if you try to avoid collecting repeats of too-similar colours on the same mould, you'd be ok aiming for both these!


With my other Copperfox cobs so far, something related to their original release name, but this boy's officially called Gibson, which I couldn't really work with as a theme, so I just picked something which seemed suitable! So he's Harecroft Welsh Magic.


I got him on Ebay, quite a bit cheaper than average for the second-hand market, because one of the pointy bits of his mane had been broken, but it'd been neatly mended, you wouldn't notice it unless you knew where to look. 
Annoyingly, he managed to topple over sideways during his photo shoot, and despite landing gently on his side on my nice slightly-plush fake grass, he broke the same bit of his mane again, a fraction of an inch along from the previous mend. I can superglue it to stabilise the crack and stop the loose piece coming off, but it's clear now that's the vulnerable spot which hits the ground first when falling, and judging by the amount of chipped or snapped ears I've seen on second hand or body model sales, the plastic must be more brittle than Breyer or Stone use. I'll certainly be even more cautious with my Copperfoxes from now on, handling them more like resins than plastics.

So my welsh cob conga is one horse longer, and I'm still hoping to get my hands on the complete set - just the chestnut and the black to tick off the wishlist, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment