Sunday 31 December 2023

Painted in 2023

Another year gone by, and it's time for my annual recap of all the custom horses I've painted...


28 this year, a much lower total but I'm still pleased - there were a couple of long pauses where I didn't paint any at all, so I'm just happy that I didn't stop entirely, and picked up the paintbrushes again after the months when nothing happened!

There's also a few scattered through here which haven't actually been introduced and explained on the blog yet, but I'll get round to writing about them and sharing bigger pictures eventually.

24 solid colours, one spotted, and just three pintos this year, I'm finally getting out of the habit of wanting to paint every pony patchy!

None are colours I'd never painted before, though quite a few are different variations or shades, or experimental paint application techniques, which make them still slightly different to my previous interpretations of coat colours. There's a fleabitten grey speckled with pencils rather than just paint, a couple of metallic chestnuts, and one where the customising project included a whole new hairstyle and show tack too.

And, like last year, I've managed to add quite a few 'firsts' to the list of breeds I've painted : Sorraia, Welsh Sec C, French Trotter, Kerry Bog Pony, Kabardin, Don, Chincoteague, Sandalwood, Muraközi, and Gelderlander.

Unfortunately, not all of them have names yet, but really I wanted to post my recap on the final day of the year, and will fill in all those blank spaces later as I think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment