Saturday 19 August 2023

Raziel

A Julip arrival for my little herd of hand-made rubber ponies!


This boy isn't brand new, he was ordered in 2009 by a friend of mine.
Without even knowing, we'd both ordered Haflinger specials at the same time - mine was a mare and foal pair, hers was a stallion. When they arrived we realised what had happened, and that our two horses must've been painted side by side in the same batch while the right paint colour was in the spray gun. So we always said they were the same family, with my friend's horse being the father of my mare's foal.
When thinning out her herd, she thought of me, and asked if I'd like to buy him. Of course, I said yes - not only is he a colour I like from one of the better eras of Julip painting (second only to the current style), but having him come here would unite the family which had been made together then split to different homes!


Here they are together, don't they make a lovely little family group! I did think my mare Phoenix was lighter and more blonde-looking, but I think that's an optical illusion cos her face is shaded very pale and her wide white stripe adds to the effect, where his head is much more chestnutty. And of course their foal is in his baby coat and won't darken up til he's a lot older!


And the new arrival again, he comes with the name Raziel given by his first owner (from a comedy novel she enjoyed, rather than a serious religious context!)

No comments:

Post a Comment