Saturday 31 December 2022

Painted in 2022

Time for my annual recap of custom repaints!

2022 sees less horses than the last couple of years, there were a few longer pauses while I didn't paint any at all, but I've still managed to end up with an impressive total - 55! Let's have a look at them all together...


There's 35 solid colours, 12 pinto, and 7 spotted.
Bay is, just like last year, my commonest colour to paint. I've done two colours for the first time, silver buckskin and dunalino, 
And my first customs of a LOT of different breeds, too, these read like a flick through random pages of a breed book : Haflinger, Nonius, Dole Gudbrandsdal, Sable Island Pony, Connemara, Pottok, Boulonnais, Falabella, Gotland Russ, Black Forest Horse, Cleveland Bay, Friesian, Pony of the Americas, Missouri Fox Trotter, Altér Real, Sorraia, Lokai, Budyonny, Yakut horse, and Sugarbush Draft.

9 of the customs this year are portraits; one pony I own, one character from my writing/drawing, one racecourse 'pony', and six racehorses (one from the flat, five chasers).

Four are Breyer Stablemate moulds I'd never painted before, as well as my first customs on quite a few CollectA sculpts and the WIA criollo, and one large artist resin.

Plenty more left in the body box for next year!

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a late comment but- Oh my gosh! I think those are wonderful! I love them all!!! AC

    ReplyDelete