Saturday 26 June 2021

Mojo Fun variations

Yesterday I had some second hand Mojo Fun figures arrive - all models I had already got, but variations of paintwork rather than exact duplicates.

The cob mare in piebald. Curiously, this horse belonged to the friend of mine who introduced me to the Mojo brand in the first place, with the words 'Have you seen the Mojo cob mare? You NEED her!', and I had to go and look it up! I have ordered my own brand new copy in the meantime, but it amuses me that the original one we were talking about has now come to live with me too.

Why both? Look at them together!

The markings had a redesign somewhere between the production of these two mares, and although I liked the one I got, I'd always thought I wouldn't mind collecting the older versions as well if I happened to see them come up for sale.


As well as the patches, their feet are different - the older version has hand-painted dark hooves, the new one has sprayed pale beige instead.

Different face markings, too. My first one is named Precious, the new girl will be Pippi after a cob mare my horse made friends with over the fence this summer!

Along with her came a pair of ponies...

The shetland pony mare in a new shade of slightly brighter flaxen chestnut, and her matching foal.

They make a very sweet pair! Compare to the mare and foal I bought a while ago, in the old colour paintwork...

The foals are nothing alike, and although there's not a huge difference between two mares, it's enough that I'll keep both - besides, I'd feel terrible painting over either of them, leaving one foal without it's real mum any more!

Shetland family portrait time!

No comments:

Post a Comment