Saturday 13 March 2021

Breyer Mini Whinnies - saddlebreds

Until the Mini Whinnies selection was expanded with scaled-down versions of popular Trad and Classic moulds, one of my favourites from the older range was the standing saddlebred - yet he was the one mould I'd somehow never managed to get! When someone on Ebay listed a set of four different colours as a job lot, I just couldn't resist, and this morning I had a little parcel of extra tiny horses through the door.


The original Mini Whinnies might be a bit basic and clunky, with less accurate anatomy than the new generation made from shrunk-down larger scales, but they're sweet in their own way - and because I'd always wanted this particular mould, I'm really pleased with them, even though in general I'd favour the more recent releases for realism and accuracy.

The first three all come from the 2019 blind bags, series 3. Their release names were Muffin, Hunter, and Louie, but I'll be changing those to better suit my herd and my taste in horse names! 




And the final one was part of a packaged 'Six Stallions' set, 2005-6, he didn't come with a name.

I thought that once I finally had some of this mould, I'd be satisfied - but actually I'd like even more of them now I've started!

No comments:

Post a Comment