Friday 17 July 2020

Another Copperfox cob for the collection

Yes, this week welsh cob number seven has come to join my herd!


D'Abernon Tiger Woods, portrait of a real horse and one of the very first Copperfox model horses - the initial Kickstarter edition can be told apart by their mapped socks, just ten were made, compared to 250 of this later regular run version.


I'm not usually a great fan of jet black models, without the depth of variation and shading a colour can seem a bit unexciting and plain, but I think he's got just enough white to stand out and look striking, he's a very handsome horse and his coat has a velvety smooth sheen to it, rather than looking too shiny and plasticky


The reason he was sold for around half the price of the seller's other Copperfox listings was some damage to his cheek, a deep chip in his paint which went through the primer and right down to bare plastic. With a little bit of super fine sandpaper I smoothed out the edges of the chip, and carefully filled in his missing paint with some of my own - this is where being black was a huge advantage, I'd have struggled to get the colour and shading matched on my other Copperfoxes, but pure black is pure black and his repair was a perfect match straight from the pot!


I've named him Harecroft Welsh Legend, in keeping with the rest of my welsh cob conga - he's going to have plenty of new friends to stand with, here. In fact, there's only one friend left for me to find for my herd, the chestnut, Rupert, and then I'll have the complete set of regular run cobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment