Friday 12 July 2019

A lovely little one

I haven't bought many custom models by other artists for a while, budget restraints have meant it's mostly been OFs for me for several years now, but every now and then I spot a little bargain that says Buy Me! and add a one of a kind horse to my herd. Last month, I was the lucky winning bidder on this beautiful little trad foal cm, by Nimbles Customs.


Although she'd been described as an older custom, with flaws and unlikely to be a live showing star, I've moved well away from the live show side of the hobby, so that didn't matter a bit to me, I just loved the look of her - she's a sweet little one with a gorgeous face and a nicely detailed and shaded paintjob. If this is an older custom, I can only imagine how gorgeous the artist's work must be by now!


I haven't decided on a name for her yet, and sadly I don't have a parent for her to be matched with, either - my only adult trad this colour is a Peter Stone ISH gelding! I'll stand her next to my OF Takoda on the same mould, that one doesn't have a mum either.


One of the nicest things about her is those big deep-shiny eyes, so much detail in the painting with the finest layering of black and pale highlights, and a hint of blue sky reflection that makes her look all the more realistic. Do click the photo for a full size view!


She takes a really gorgeous photo, as if she's looking at the camera, it's the combination of those lifelike eyes and the expressive sculpting of the mould in the first place. I think I may have to collect a few more foals!

No comments:

Post a Comment